Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blog Post 1: Class Survey

Personal Information
1. Josh
2. Reynoldsburg, Ohio
3. High School/College - Government, Psychology, Sociology & possibly Greek mythology
4. What makes me special is my ability to absorb and analyze information and interpret it. A few unique aspects about me that would help our classroom is I am open minded, skeptical, and a great listener.

Learning Style and more:
5. Having the level of openness with my classmates and professor, so we can talk about any topic or issue without being too criticized or judged.
6. I am that type of student in class that might start off quite and might not participate as much as the other students, but as the class starts to get rolling, I become more of an active participant in the class. I like to describe myself as always prepared, reliable/trustworthy, and open minded. Also, I am pretty food at taking directions and performing the task to the best of my ability.

Education Past and Present
7. One of my fondest memories as student was my government teacher brought me aside after class to tell me how much I was improving in the class. I started out the class struggling in the class and I told him history (government) is one of my favorite subjects. He told me keep up the good work and I ended up having a really good grade in the class.
8. Some significant issues or problems being faced now in the field of education is if the big state assessment test for high schools like the ACT able to prove the actual intelligence of a student.

About Dr. Shutkin:
9. What was your inspiration or motivation to get you into the field of education? What have you learned over the years in your classrooms, your methods of getting the students to be more open minded, skeptical, and optimistic about different topics and issues in the field of education?

No comments:

Post a Comment